Because English is widely used in the world, many valuable documents and books are written in this language. The need to expand exchanges and cooperation with English-speaking partners is increasing day by day, leading to the need for English translation. To get quality translations, you need to acquire certain English translation skills. Tomato is also [...]
In the era of globalization, the exchange and connection of ideas in many fields have become popular with many individuals and organizations. Whether it is in the field of commerce, education, culture, economy, society, or many other fields if you want to communicate with foreigners, a translation process is required. Let’s find out about other popular types of translation today in this article.
Register for a quick translation service
Please describe your translation needs, we will contact you soon.
NỘI DUNG (CONTENT)
The translation is not just in the written form
The translation is defined as the process of converting content from one language to another while ensuring the accuracy and similarity of the content compared to the original.
The translation process also involves the communication of the regional culture and customs of the target language. The translation can be divided into two forms based on its method, including interpretation (oral translation) and translation (written translation). These two forms are common, in addition to the form of media translation (translation of video, audio, recording, dubbing, etc.), which is a recently developing form.
The most popular types of translation
Translation takes many different forms. Based on the needs and the nature of the meeting, the corresponding type can be determined.
1. Types of interpretation
Interpretation is a job that requires highly qualified interpreters. Currently, there are five most popular types of interpreters with their own characteristics.
This is a fairly common form of interpretation, requiring interpreters to keep a close eye on their clients to assist them in delivering their message as well as helping them receive feedback.
The accompanying interpretation form is applicable to:
- Sightseeing, introduction, exhibition
- Visits, Business trips
In addition to interpreting, the accompanying interpreter also acts as a cultural bridge between different countries.
Simultaneous interpreters sit in a booth or closed room, wear headphones, and translate through a microphone. This form of interpretation is used for large meetings, conferences, or commercial exhibitions that are important and have a large number of participants.
Simultaneous interpretation is considered the highest level of the interpreting profession, as interpreters have to translate almost immediately when the speaker conveys the message, with almost no time to think about or choose words.
In consecutive interpretation, interpreters start translating after the speaker finishes a sentence or a paragraph. This form of interpretation is used in small-scale meetings, courts, etc. The advantages of this form of interpretation facilitate cost savings and higher accuracy because interpreters have time to think and select words before translating.
However, the interpretation session takes more time, as the speaker needs to stop for about 1–4 minutes on average for the interpreter to work before starting to deliver the new message.
This form of interpretation is similar to simultaneous interpretation. However, interpreters do not use headphones or microphones but translate at a low volume for one person or a small group of people to hear. This form has the advantage of helping to keep the information confidential, making it suitable for important meetings or interpreting for heads of state.
This is a fairly common form of interpretation, helping the parties save time and effort while still ensuring that important information is understood. With this form, interpreters use supporting tools such as: Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, etc. Online interpretation is said to be the perfect solution in the period of geo-restriction due to the covid pandemic in the world.
2. Basic forms of translation
The translation is not simply to translate a text; based on the type of document, the translator has a way to choose the corresponding word and structure.
There are a variety of documents that are requested to be translated; the most frequent ones include:
- Specialized documents
- Import and export documents
- MSDS Document
- Business documents
- Academic papers & theses
- Company profile
- Financial statements
- Accounting documents
- Bid documents
- Newspaper – Magazine
In order to translate professional documents well, translators need to ensure that they have a good understanding of technical terms as well as basic knowledge of the field into which they are translating.
Some types of documents, such as birth certificates, diplomas, citizen identity cards, etc., are required to have a notarized translation when performing administrative procedures related to other countries. After translating, the translator applies for a notarized seal from the competent authorities. Some documents that are often translated and notarized include:
- Birth certificate, curriculum vitae, citizen identity card, identity card, passport, household registration book
- Transcripts, certificates, school reports
- Marriage certificate
- Job application, visa application, study abroad application
- Medical records, prescriptions, etc.
- Accounting and auditing documents
- Invoices and receipts
- Goods delivery notes
- Types of contracts, reports
- Certificate of Origin
- Product disclosure
- Types of certificates: intellectual property rights, food hygiene and safety
3. Multimedia translation
This form includes DTP electronic translation and media translation, as well as dubbing, recording, and subtitling for various types of audio, scripts, and movies. In addition, website translation and video translation are also a form of multimedia translation that many customers are interested in.
Video translation includes jobs such as video transcription, subtitling, etc. In addition, the video formats can be translated and formatted according to the needs of the customer. Popular types of videos include:
- Product introduction video
- Self-recorded video
- Instructional video
- Music videos
- Training videos, etc. can be translated and formatted according to customers’ needs
This is considered an advanced form of translation. In particular, translators translate websites, videos, games, applications, software, etc. Unlike normal translation, when conducting localization, translators need to ensure that the content is accurate but still easy to read and understand and close to the lifestyle and culture of the native country.
Translation types according to specific fields
For specific fields, there is a large volume of terminology and an area of knowledge that needs to be mastered. The applied translation types need to be suitable for the specific requirements of each field.
This is one of the more complex fields, with many in-depth terms and confusing scientific terms. Incorrect translation can have serious consequences for diagnosis, prescription, or research work. Some types of documents commonly translated in this area include:
- Books, newspapers, journals specializing in dermatology, respiratory medicine, neurology, reproductive health, hematology, infection, etc.
- Dissertations, scientific research reports on pharmaceuticals, pathology, etc.
- The clinical study report of pharmaceutical products
- Analysis of medical experiments
- Documents, publications, manuals for medical supplies, directions for use, etc.
- Translation of drug ingredients, description of medicine packages, medical instruments, etc.
- Translation of websites and software programs related to medical, pharmaceutical, etc.
- Translation of prescriptions, test results, medical records, endoscopy results, ultrasound results, etc.
- Translation of statistical results of medical data, etc.
As technical translation is inherently emotionless and literal, the language requires the precise use of specialized terminology. In addition, information related to techniques, machines, and components requires meticulousness and intensive attention.
Most of the materials in the technical field originate from enterprises using imported operating machinery systems or cooperating with foreign countries, including:
- Electrical engineering-related manuals
- Documentation of automobile manufacturing, production and installation
- Materials for mechanical engineering
- Occupational safety guidelines
- Research papers, books on cosmetic chemistry, biochemistry
- Documents for the field of animal husbandry – cultivation
- Books, newspapers, magazines on architecture and construction
- Documents, books, newspapers about technologies and trends in the engineering industry
- Publications, user manuals for electronic components, machinery equipment
- Profiles, drawings of houses, roads, bridges, drainage systems, etc.
This is a high-volume translation field that creates high pressure for translators. The translation of books and literary stories requires smooth translation with cultural relevance. Although there is no high requirement for accurate word-by-word translation, literary translations focus on conveying the author’s intention and the situation and context of the work in a natural way. Some types of literature that are often translated include:
- Books, stories, novels of the detective fiction genre
- Romantic literature
- Fiction Literature
- Short story
- Short prose
- Personal essays, etc.
Legal translation requires very high accuracy and meticulousness, requiring translators with extensive knowledge and specialized knowledge. The following legal documents, if translated into the wrong meaning, wrong terms, or mistranslated, can cause serious damage to people and property:
- Documents (banking, customs, tax, etc.)
- Types of reports (tax, customs, financial, annual, etc.)
- Circulars and decrees
- Foreign legal documents
- Court minutes
- Procedural law documents
- Litigation documents
- Personal documents (Birth certificate, citizen identity card, marriage certificate, etc.)
- Types of business licenses
- Construction permits
- Economic law documents, etc.
Translation in this field needs to ensure some requirements for accuracy in structure, terminology, and numbers in terms of time and price. Some common documents and records in the field of commerce include:
- Economics books, textbooks
- Dissertation in economics
- Commercial law documents
- Translation of reports
- Translation of market research documents
- Translation of the company profile
- Contract translation
- Business plan translationTranslation of micro- and macro-economic survey documents
- Translation of market information reports
- Insurance document translation
- Product catalog translation
- Translation of sales websites, company blogs, etc.
Need professional translation? Let Tomato help you!
During 5 years of establishment and development, Tomato has received the trust of more than 5,000 partners. Why does Tomato have the chance to honorably serve so many customers? We would like to answer the question through our outstanding advantages in translation services and customer care services.
Diversity of service types
Tomato brings to customers a diverse service ecosystem with various types of translation, including:
- Notarized translation
- Document translation
- Personal document translation
- Translation of business documents
- Dissertation translation
- Translation of books, newspapers, magazines
- DTP translation
- Simultaneous interpretation
- Cabin interpretation
- Online interpretation
- Accompanying interpretation
- Whispered interpretation
- On-site interpretationWorkshop interpretation
- Factory interpretation
- Project interpretation
- Interpretation for exhibitions – fairs, etc.
- Audio transcription
- Script translation, etc.
Provide services everywhere
We provide various types of translation and services throughout the provinces and cities across the country.
With a strong staff from many countries around the world, Tomato can provide translation services for a large volume of projects at the same time. Besides, Tomato is proud to be one of the few translation units capable of translating over 50 different languages for more than 100 fields.
In addition, Tomato also provides telephone translation and online translation services for customers who cannot meet face-to-face. These remote translation sessions always ensure quality, with up to 100% accuracy.
A team of professional translators with years of experience
More than 100 experts and 3,000 global collaborators of Tomato have all undergone rigorous selections, managed by a system of international standards. All translators working with Tomato meet the following requirements:
- 100% have a bachelor’s degree in languages and international language certificates recognized by the world
- 4+ years of practical experience in various projects
- Have extensive knowledge of fields such as history, culture, social science
- Have a serious and responsive working style, and an ability to deliver products on time
- For translation services of special types, we have voiceovers and dubbing experts who have standard voices. They are mostly professional MCs, voice actors, editors, and broadcasters from leading stations
Translation quality according to international standards
The quality management system at Tomato always strictly complies with the recognized ISO 9001:2015 standard. This achievement is possible because we always focus on monitoring, checking, and verifying every step in the process of staff selection as well as translation.
Tomato’s quality management system is internationally certified ISO 9001: 2015
Tomato Media received the title of “2021 Excellent Product – Service”
Tomato reached the top 126 The Slator 2023 LSPI
Commitment to confidentiality according to the NDA
Respecting all information about customers and their projects is always a priority for Tomato’s staff and management team. Accordingly, Tomato undertakes to keep completely confidential information about customers under the NDA, which is protected by Vietnamese law.
Around-the-clock customer service
- Quotes and answers to questions are available 24/7. Just contact us and you will receive a quick and detailed response
- Quick quotation only after 15-20 minutes of receipt of information from customers
- The translation warranty ensures the interests of customers. After 3 days of product delivery, if customers find any errors, Tomato will correct them free of charge.
- Before signing the contract, clients can take part in the interviewing and testing of potential interpreters to find the best candidate.
- Service of handing over translations in the form of soft copies or hard copies by door-to-door delivery.
The price list at Tomato ensures the most competitive criteria in the market, meeting the quality and translation needs of each individual and corporate customer. Besides, we also have preferential combos and promotions for loyal customers to help them save optimally at all costs.
Continuously improve and enhance service quality
In order to improve service quality as well as keep pace with market trends and globalization, Tomato is constantly looking for solutions to optimize workflow through adjustment and investment activities such as:
- Sponsor employees so they can take intensive training courses to increase their translation skills.
- Focus on listening and handling complaints and suggestions from partners to improve service quality over time.
- Focus on improving translation quality
- Undertake to deliver the product on time.
Tomato Media becomes the partner of many customers
Hopefully, through this article, we have helped you better understand the types of translation. If you need translation support from experts, immediately contact Tomato’s hotline for advice and use of the service. Tomato hopes to accompany customers in their journey to eliminate language and cultural barriers, contributing to the success of their cooperation and exchange relationships.
|Ready to get started?
Have a large project?
|GET A QUOTE
|✉ CONTACT US
Tomato Media Company – Translation Service #Prestige #High Quality
- Hanoi Head Office: Room 504, Kinh Do Building, 292 Tay Son, Trung Liet Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Branch in Bangkok: 362 Krungthep, Nonthaburi 2, Bangkok, Thailand
- Jakarta branch: 12th Floor, Wisma 46 Tower, Karet Tengsin, Jakarta, Indonesia
Hotline: 0938 596 333